A Space for Everyone
At the Raleigh Convention Center, we strive to make the Center highly accessible according to the spirit and intent of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The Raleigh Convention Center is an ADA-compliant facility with the following accessibility features.
Transportation and Parking
- There is a drop-off/pick-up lane immediately in front of the Raleigh Convention on S. Salisbury Street.
- The R-Line, Downtown Raleigh's free circulating bus, has a stop located in front of our building, at the top of the drop-off/pick-up lane on S. Salisbury Street.
- Designated accessible parking spaces are located on the first floor of all Downtown Raleigh parking decks.
- Parking decks are monitored and managed by McLaurin Parking. Please contact them with parking-specific questions.
Entering/Exiting the RCC
The front facility doors on South Salisbury Street are accessible daily.
Two additional entrances are available at the corners of Salisbury/Lenoir Street and Cabarrus/McDowell Street. Access to these doors is limited and depends upon the event location. To use these entrances, contact the event organizer.
Restrooms are available in main lobby, ballroom lobby, south lobby, and mezzanine. Each restroom features accessible accommodations.
Family/gender neutral/single-stall restrooms are available in the main lobby, ballroom lobby, and mezzanine. All bathrooms include a baby changing station.
Faucet controls start automatically through sensors.
Navigating the RCC
A limited number of wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the main lobby security kiosk. Wheelchairs may not be removed from the facility. A fee will be imposed for any wheelchairs not returned.
Braille placards are available throughout the building.
The RCC is pleased to offer Quiet Kits to visitors who have sensory processing needs. The kits include calming items that may help individuals manage potentially overwhelming or overstimulating environments.
- Quiet Kits are available upon request at the Security Desks in the Main Lobby and on the Mezzanine. They are free-of-charge and are for the visitor to keep.
Additional ADA Features
Our fire alarms and emergency warning systems are equipped with both audible and visual strobe alarms.
Our facility is equipped with multiple AED units on each level with signage designating the location of these devices.
The Raleigh Convention Center welcomes guests with disabilities and their assistive animals.
For additional information regarding accessibility in our facility, please contact us.